Western Power Subdivision Requirements

September 17, 2018

Every subdivision overseen by the Western Australian planning commission will also require imput from Western Power.

The typical requirements from Western Power will generally always be the same and will involve disconnecting any overhead power cables and then the installation of a new green dome to service either Survey Strata or Green Title lots.

During the process of dealing with Western Power you will have to pay the standard statutory fees or what is referred to as "Headworks Fees" and additional fees for an electrician to complete the electrical work on the property to make it compliant for when you apply for your clearances at the end of the process.

If you are doing a demolition of the existing property generally the demolition company will organise the disconnection of the overhead cable during their process.
If you are retaining the existing building the electrician will work in conjunction with Western Power to disconnect the overhead cable on the same day as Western Power Energize the power Dome. This process only takes a few hours and there is minimal disruption for existing tenants if done properly.

For more information on the Western Power process during a typical subdivision please contact Zenith Surveyors Perth today or visit our website at



optionally if you need to speak with Western Power you can visit them at


 https://westernpower.com.au/connections/developing-land/subdividing-your-land /


Please reload

Featured Posts

I'm busy working on my blog posts. Watch this space!

Please reload

Recent Posts
Please reload

Search By Tags
Follow Us
  • Facebook Classic
  • Twitter Classic
  • Google Classic